Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Direction(s)

After 4 years at Comcast SportsNet I am leaving the hectic (and fun) world of sports TV to pursue a new career path. Starting mid-January I'll be a Business Account Executive for Comcast Business Class. Before I came to Comcast SportsNet in 2008 I worked in Public Affairs & Production for Comcast Cable. I love working for Comcast and it was very important for me to stay 'in the family'. In many ways it was a very difficult decision to leave a dream job in TV, but I could not pass up such an exciting opportunity in an exponentially growing field. The job literally fell out of nowhere (thanks to a wonderful friend) at the same time that the show I've been working on since I started at CSN was coming to an end. The timing seemed like fate. And who am I to fight fate? The last day of Washington Post Live is this Friday, December 30th. My last day in the office is this Sunday, January 1st. I'll truly miss my CSN friends and family. I've met so many people since I started this job it is very difficult to say bye. At the same time I'm very excited to embark on this new life and career adventure.

I'm still working diligently to get through as many of my '30' as I can in the next 10 days before I turn 30! That being said I will continue to blog until I accomplish all 30, even if it takes me well into the next year. Life has been quite crazy recently, but I don't want to use that as an excuse to not get through all 30!

New life decade. New job. New opportunities.

"if A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"
~einstein~

No comments:

Post a Comment