Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm On A Jet Ski!

Another trip to Florida... another fun '30' crossed off the list... Jet Skiing! The weather here in the WPB has been stormy all week but I saw that today was forecasted as awesome until early afternoon so my mom and I went over to Riviera Beach. We rented a Yamaha Waverunner from this place. There's a ton of places to rent from in that general area but Blue Water had a good weekday rate of $69/hr so I figured we'd give them a try. The two guys working there were super nice. The weather was ridiculous. Clear skies and probably low 90s. I had a blast driving up and down the Intercoastal and around Peanut Island. My mom is too nervous to drive so she just hopped on back with me. It was kind of like being 16 all over again. "Manda not so fast! (you're going over 10 mph). Watch out for that boat! (that's 300 feet away). You're getting a little close to the dock! (that's 200 feet away)." I wasn't allowed to take the jet ski in the ocean but quite frankly that was OK by me because I'm still a little irked after Shark Week. There are some beautiful houses along the Intercoastal. In fact, I found my new house (pic below). Huge thanks to my moms for pickin' up the tab and coming along. And yes, I wore plenty of sunscreen this time.

Rockin' The Caps Winter Classic T.

Checkin Out My Future Digs.

Docking. It's Been Fun.
On an unrelated note, we went to see "The Help" today once the storms rolled in. Wow, such a good movie! My mom really enjoyed the movie, but she also read the book and said the book is even better. I'm going to try and read it later this week. If you're looking for a good reason to hit the movie theater, this one is definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment