Sunday, February 27, 2011

Orange Crush With Bill Clinton & 20,276 Of Our Closest Friends

Syracuse Wins! Much to the dismay of the 20,000 Georgetown fans. On the way out a guy yelled to me "that's a really ugly color." I laughed but thought about spewing one of my favorite lines from an all-time classic film, Bring it On. "Dude! You just lost!"  Clearly Georgetown's sketchy ticket scheme worked in terms of getting the bowl filled with gray, but it didn't help the Hoyas win. It was actually quite astonishing how much gray and how little Orange was in the lower bowl at Verizon Center.  The upper levels and suites, however, were filled with Orange. It was pretty cool. Much thanks to my awesome employer for the sweet suite tix. Crossed another one off the '30'. Helps that at CSN the 'Cuse fans outnumber the GTown fans about 5-1.  Almost as exciting as Syracuse clinching was my boy Bill in attendance. If you know me you know I just love love love him. I've met Hillary Clinton a few times, but hadn't been in the same building as President Clinton, coincidentally, since 2003 Syracuse Commencement.
The Zone
The Win
The Score
On a relate note, loved seeing VT knock off Duke. The constant upsets of top seeds this season has been awesome. Makes me believe anything can happen in the 68. Let's go ORANGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment