Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Greatest Bar-B-Que Show On Earth

Let me put it this way... if there was Dinosaur BBQ within an hour of Baltimore I would have had to put lose 100 lbs on my '30 by 30'.  Dinosaur may be just the greatest restaurant on my earth. I put it on my '30' even though I have been there a few times in the past few years (the Harlem Dino, not the Syracuse Dino). I actually figured I would make it to the NYC one this year and not the Syracuse one, but boy am I happy i hit up my original Dino. Not sure Dino NYC would have gotten this much of a cheesy reaction...


Only Dino Could Get This Cheesy A Smile


Some history: I love food (shocker!), especially barbeque. I went to Dino for the first time freshman year with my family. It was ridiculous. I didn't go too often until Jr and Sr year when it became a Thursday night tradition with some friends. I just love love loved it. The atmosphere is fun, the food is great, the beer selection is tremendous. The packed crowds make it even more fun. In a town where I honestly didn't like too much, I really liked this place. I had such high expectations for the Syracuse location that I was concerned it wouldn't live up to my self-inflicted hype. I was also concerned that ridiculously-health-conscious Liz would be disappointed. Turns out Dino BBQ actually surpassed high expectations! It was even better than I remembered. Not sure how this is possible, but it was just delicious. Our beer selection for Friday night dinner included Saranac Pale Ale (my traditional Dino brew) and Purple Haze (a tremendous beverage whisperer pick). Though I'd like to think I've had most things on the Dino menu, we were craving wings with our beer and picked the Wango Tangos

"They were the best wings I have ever had in my life. Sorry Kislings." -Liz

That's right, they were that good. So good that I bought Wango Tango sauce at Wegmans and am determined to start cooking with it immediately. Just check these out...

Wings & Beer Dino Style

The photo does not do them justice but the Wango Tango-y fall off the bone deliciousness was spectacular. For dinner I got my usual favorite ribs (an ambitious 3/4 rack), macaroni and tomato cucumber salad. It was amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This picture makes me wanna hop in the car and drive on back. Yeah some food gets me excited.

What Diet?

Could not have asked for a better experience. I've enjoyed the NYC Dino the past few times I went, but the Syracuse Dino is the absolute best. Atmosphere, food, everything. Dino oh how I miss you.

Dino At Night
The Menu
Raspberry Beer Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment